Monday, September 20, 2010

Posing

This dove came to my house not so long ago, it seemed that the bird got a minor injury that it couldn't fly properly.. (I'm not so sure about that one :P) So, I kept it for a night and strangely, it didn't even try to fly out of my house.. That's when I got creative and thought of taking it's photo.. I took 2 blank sheets and place the dove on one of the sheets and the other sheet as the background.. lol.. This is the best shot among all shots of it.. I think:P I release the dove the next morning when I saw it got a bit more energetic than the previous day..:D

Anyway, just few days ago, we (Joanna, Cheryl and me) were questioning each other about the difference between dove and pigeon? And what are they called in Malay..? Lol.. It seemed that we couldn't get into conclusion on the difference between those two.. So, I searched through Google and found out that dove and pigeon is actually two different things.. However, they are both known as "merpati" in Malay.. Joanna, I hope this info help you solve the confusionXD

3 comments:

  1. urm.. im not so sure also.. apparently its a dove, and pigeon is another one that looks similar.. im not so sure man@_@ thats what i found out on Google.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigeons and doves constitute the bird family Columbidae... this is what I found out from wikipedia... and itis not mistaken that the one in the photo is a DOVE.. haha.. pigeon somehow bulkier that Dove.. I know most of us think that Dove is white.. yeah it is.. however, that white ones comes from the Dove family which is smaller that the pigeons:)

    ReplyDelete